Outbreak of Coronavirus in India is worsening now. Daily confirmed cases exceed 300 thousand several days in a row. According to the government of India, there are around 1.95 COVID-19 related deaths every minute. Total confirmed cases are now more than 17.6 million with nearly 200 thousand death cases. Experts believe that India has not yet reached the peak of the crisis. Daily confirmed cases might hit 500 thousand in May. People in India need your urgent help now!
Healthcare system in India is on the verge of collapse due to uncontrollable pandemic. Hospitals cannot afford to accept new patients so people have no choice but to be treated at home. However, due to lack of supply, the prices of medical equipment, including oxygen cylinders, oxygen concentrators and medicine, are unaffordable even in black market.
“The pandemic has caused many deaths in India. Worsening economic condition also leads to a raising number of unemployment. Families have exhausted their savings during the five-month lockdown across the country. Due to collapse of healthcare system, children and women are not only facing food insecurity but also the threat of getting infected. Their safety is at great risk and the situation is heart-breaking and worrying. Please offer your immediate helping hand and join us to save more lives by supporting our emergency relief work!” Dr Kanie Siu, CEO of Plan International Hong Kong, said.
Other than the threat of getting infected, local children are also facing food insecurity and safety risks.
To help ease the crisis in coming three months, Plan International will carry out the “Help India Heal” project to provide direct support to front line medical workers and around 200 thousand families which are being affected by the pandemic. Additionally, the project will also provide intervention on COVID-19 prevention, vaccination and food security for a million of poor and vulnerable families, especially girls and young women. Details of the project are as follows:
- Donation of HK$300 can provide personal protective equipment kit comprising of body overall, shoe covers, N-95 masks and gloves for three medical workers
- Donation of HK$1,000 can provide food baskets, which include rice, wheat flour, pea, oil, salt, sugar, biscuits and soya bean, to three impoverished and vulnerable families to ensure their food and nutrition security for 30 days
- Donation of HK$1,000 can support to hold a 3-day mass awareness campaign on promoting COVID-19 appropriate behaviour and eliminating vaccine hesitancy among adolescents and young women.
- Donation of HK$3,000 can provide food baskets, which include rice, wheat flour, pea, oil, salt, sugar, biscuits and soya bean, to ten impoverished and vulnerable families to ensure their food and nutrition security for 30 days
- Donation of HK$6,000 can provide an oxygen concentrator, which is under 10 litres flow per minute, to local COVID-19 Care and Treatment Centres.
- Donation of HK$22,000 can set up and manage one patient bed in Temporary COVID-19 Care Centres supported by Plan International. Operation of the centres will also be supported so that patients with mild symptoms can receive proper treatment.
- Donation of HK$40,000 can provide an oxygen concentrator, which is 20 litres flow per minute, to local COVID-19 Care and Treatment Centres.
Plan International provides food to local families to ensure their nutrition security.
Plan International launches emergency relief in India to help vulnerable people there go through the hardship.
Please support our emergency relief immediately so that local children and families in India can overcome the dire situation.
You can support Plan International’s emergency relief via the method listed below.
- Online Donation：https://bit.ly/3u20hoV
- Bank Transfer*：Please make a direct deposit into HSBC account #640-068318-838
- Crossed Cheque* ：Please make a cheque payable to Plan International Hong Kong Limited.
- Cash Donation via Circle K, VanGO or U Select*
Please visit any Circle K, VanGO or U Select in Hong Kong and present the barcode to make a cash donation*. (Each transaction cannot exceed HK$5,000.)
- Mobile Donation*：Please scan the QR code below to donate.
|Please enter your information (English name, telephone number and email address) and state “India COVID-19 Relief” in PayMe message box.|
*Please send the original bank receipt/ crossed cheque/ Circle K, VanGO or U Select original receipt/ a screenshot of the mobile donation transaction details/ last eight digit of your Alipay transaction number together with your name, telephone number and email address to Plan International Hong Kong by mail or email. Please mark “India COVID-19 Relief”. (Email: [email protected] Address: 21/F, 9 Chong Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong)