Senior Officer (Child Safeguarding)
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Senior Manager, Hong Kong Programme and Advocacy to develop and implement Child Safeguarding consultancy and training programmes in line with the organisation’s plan.
- Develop and conduct a set of accreditation activities and standard to assess and monitor the continued fulfilment by accredited organisations towards the accreditation criteria.
- Coordinate or implement trainings and briefings in the community.
- Co-work with the Senior Manager, Hong Kong Programme and Advocacy to organise influencing events such as Conferences, Forums, Symposiums, Workshops, etc.
- Work as the main contact point for childsafeguarding services enquiries.
- Cultivate and maintain the good relationship with major partners and key stakeholders.
- Provide constructive content and editorial for the ongoing development of child safeguarding website, and other public channels to promote child safeguarding messages.
- Conduct programme monitoring and outcome evaluations to ensure effective programmes are performed
- Together with Senior Manager, Hong Kong Programme and Advocacy to work with Marcom and influencing team to extend Plan’s influence on local community and engage key stakeholders to advocate a wide adoption of Child Safeguarding Policy
- Liaise and network with Plan International’s global hub and bridge external expertise, practices and experience in order to keep track to internationally recognised protocols and standards of child safeguarding and protection
- Work with other units in implementing other Plan International’s activities
Job Specific Competencies
- University degree in sports, education, social science or other relevant disciplines with at least 5 years working experience in programme management, preferably in the social work field or education sector.
- Experience in research, curriculum development and knowledge in sports are highly preferred.
- Experience in child abuse cases is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Hong Kong Child Protection System will be an advantage.
- A proficient written and verbal communicator with the ability to communicate to diverse groups of people, with proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Experience in service development, highly organised and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Solid experience in educational resources development, stakeholder engagement and networking
- Excellent English & Chinese oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to Plan’s mission and vision and observe strictly to data privacy and child protection policies
- A heart for “children at risk”, highly motivated and quick learner, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Mature and able to maintain active client engagement and communications
- Independent and with good team-work spirit
- Analytical, multi-tasking, flexible, problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Align with Plan’s values
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- English requirement – Preferable with Grade C or above in HKCEE (Syl. B) / 7 or above in IELTS
How to apply?
Please send your resume with current and expected salary to [email protected]
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their application unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are requested to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check.