PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the project leader in designing and implementing a range of PIHK’s youth engagement and development education activities and programs
- Design a learning journey for youth participants in becoming a global citizen with specific focus about global issues including poverty, gender inequality and climate change.
- Develop a comprehensive study module for youth participants in accordance to Plan International’s scope of services.
- Identify, reach and work alongside with potential partners including institutions, organisations, and corporates to provide quality youth engagement programmes including lectures, conferences and workshops etc.
- Organise exposure trips to engaged youth and facilitate their learning
- Identify, recruit and retain youth circle members and ambassadors.
- Conduct programme monitoring and outcome evaluations to ensure effective workshops and quality services are performed
- Collaborate closely with communications to support the delivery of timely and relevant communications to maximise youth engagement
- Integrate and localise Plan International’s global youth engagement strategies and campaigns into PIHK’s development education activities and programs
- Develop and manage local education materials to facilitate capacity building in school network and online platforms
- Ensure at all times best practices in child safeguarding standards are adhered to.
- Liaise and network with Plan International’s affiliations, and bridge external expertise, practices and experience to advance our youth programmes
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Work with other units in implementing other Plan International activities
Job Specific Competencies
- University degree in education, social science related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in coordinating, developing and implementing Youth programmes, experience in education sector and/or NGO preferred
- Demonstrate tracked record in youth engagement work and able to lead and inspire young people
- Experience in organising large-scale education activities, including but not limited to seminars, workshops, youth camps and conferences
- Organise exposure trips to rural areas with high capacity in event planning, organising the overseas trip
- Good coordination skills with internal and external stakeholders, including academics, colleagues from field offices, teachers and parents.
- Ability to deliver workshops to youth and produce quality educational materials
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Cantonese.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Occasional travel is required
- Commitment to Plan’s mission and vision and observe strict to data privacy and child protection policies
- A keen interest in youth engagement and active global citizenship.
- Pro-active, self-directed and attentive to details
- Enjoy travel with youth to rural project sites in Asia
- Creative and able to motivate the youth community to actively contribute to the programme
- Mature and able to identify risk and conduct its mitigation plan
- Able to maintain active engagement and communications with children and youth until 24 years old, as well as their guardians.
- Proficient in MS Applications, knowledge using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop are preferable
- English requirement – Preferable with Grade C or above in HKCEE (Syl. B) / 7 or above in IELTS
Please provide the availability, current and expected salary information in your application to HR Department via [email protected]
Prospective candidates are requested to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check and reference check.
Plan International is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.