The position requires an assistant to support the implementation of Plan’s initiatives on local programme and advocacy work and provides corresponding administrative support to the department. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Hong Kong Programme and Advocacy.
The selected candidate will be offered a 2-month internship opportunity (anytime from July to Sept 2022, 3 – 5 full days per week) in the Hong Kong Programme and Advocacy department, with below learning objectives:
- To learn about concepts on empowerment of children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability;
- To increase his/her understanding to the operation goals, missions and daily routine of an INGO in a local context;
- To enhance their administration skills and know-hows in work settings.
- To be engaged in planning and execution of the flagship programmes e.g. Youth Conference 22 and Girls Take Over with exposure to corporates, universities and other partners.
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in coordination of the PIHK’s flagship programmes such as the Youth Conference and Girls Take Over and perform the project administrative work to support project implementation from recruitment to launch of progarmme content.
- Develop promotional video, flyers and other relevant educational materials…etc. for promoting the initiatives of the department.
- Assist the supervisor to maintain a smooth operation of the department
- Work with other units in implementing other organisation’s activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Level of education
- Majoring in child development, journalism, social science or related fields, Year 2 or above
- Commitment to Plan’s mission and vision and observe strictly to data privacy and child protection policies
- Passionate in serving the society and children in adversity.
- Highly motivated to child right programmes, quick learner, able to work independently and with good team spirits
- Organised, detailed-minded and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Self-initiated and responsible
- Organised, careful, detailed-minded and demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Multi-tasking, flexible, problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Align with Plan’s values
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Proficient in the application of graphic software and digital production for service promotion
How to apply?
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their application unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are requested to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check.