Manager, Hong Kong Programme and Development Education
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement development education programmes, researches, influencing initiatives and Hong Kong programme strategies with a focus on child safeguarding and child participatory in community development apart from other children rights’ issues.
- Lead and supervise a team working on Hong Kong programme, research, advocacy and education programmes.
- Establish the unique brand identity and promote effective communication with our stakeholders, public advocacy and programme.
- Extend our influence on the local community about children’s rights protection through setting up development education, local advocacy and programme.
- Proven experience in devising researches and making use of the findings as evidence for policy advocacy and influencing works.
- Identify, select, manage and monitor a profile of grants, funding applications and research projects, to ensure the alignment with strategic goals and compliance requirements.
- Liaise and network with Plan International offices, bridge global expertise and localize experience to facilitate Hong Kong programme development.
- Improve the overall organisational effectiveness by enhancing corporate governance and people development.
- Collaborate with other departments to implement other organisational activities.
- Demonstrate proven research capability to looks into overseas models and experience on Child Rights Impact Assessment and explores the localization in policy-making and frontline service.
Level of education:
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in development, social science, communications or education.
- English requirement – Preferable with Grade C or above in HKCEE (Syl. B) / 7 or above in IELTS.
Knowledge / Job Specific Competencies:
- At least 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in a managerial position.
- Passion and experience to advocate for changes in policy and practices is a must.
- Experience in working with youth is an advantage.
- Knowledge of development, gender inequality issues, child protection and child rights are preferable.
- Solid experience in project management, stakeholder engagement and networking.
- Willing to travel.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Commitment to Plan’s mission and vision and observe strictly to data privacy and child protection policies.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
How to apply?
Please send your resume with current and expected salary to [email protected]
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their application unsuccessful.
Prospective employees are requested to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check.