The 1st ‘Draw my Dreams’ Drawing Competition was completed successfully. We received an overwhelming response with more than 600 artworks. All winning entries have been published on Sing Tao Daily. To share participants’ dreams with children in developing countries and encourage them to pursue their dreams, the winning entries have been exhibited at schools in Cambodia.
Plan International Hong Kong is calling for students from kindergartens and primary schools to unleash creativity and talent through drawing. The winning entries may be exhibited at developing countries.
Participants can have a chance to share their dreams with children in developing countries. Also, the winning entries may be exhibited at venues of the “Donate a Pencil Campaign” in October or in other ways.
Hong Kong Kindergarten and Primary School Students
The competition will be divided into three categories relevant to the three regions that the school is located in: ‘Hong Kong District’, ‘Kowloon District’ and ‘New Territories and Islands District’.
- Parent–Child Group (Kindergarten students and parents)
- Junior Primary (Primary 1 to 3)
- Senior Primary (Primary 4 to 6)
- Parent–Child Group: Colouring
Participants must fill the colouring sheet from Plan International Hong Kong. Depending on
creativity needs, other designs can be added to the picture to express the theme message.
Click here for download colouring sheet
- Junior Primary Group: Drawing (Theme: Dream Job)
- Senior Primary Group: Drawing (Theme: Dream)
Participants are required to draw on A4 size paper (210mm x 297mm)
- The artwork should express the theme message
- The work should be 2-Dimensional and drawn on an A4 (210 x 297mm) paper
- Participants can use watercolour, crayons, colour pencils and pencils for drawing. 3-Dimensional
or computer graphics are not accepted
- At least five entries are needed from each school, and each student is limited to submit one work
- Participants in the Parent–Child Group can draw with their parents
Fill in the registration form and paste the artwork label at the back of the work. Submit the work to:
Address: 21/F, 9 Chong Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am – 12:30pm / 1:30pm – 5:30pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
by post or in person on or before 23 October 2020.
Please state 2nd ‘Draw my Dreams’ Drawing Competition and ‘Do not bend’ on the envelope if delivered by post.
23 October 2020 (The postmark date on the envelope shall be taken as the date of submission)
|Parent – Child Group||Junior and Senior Primary Group|
|1. Colouring Skills and Appropriate Use of Colour (40%)||1. Composition and Drawing Skills (20%)|
|2. Design & Creativity (20%)||2. Content (30%)|
|3. Overall Aesthetics (40%)||3. Design & Creativity (20%)|
|4. Overall Aesthetics (30%)|
Dividing into ‘Hong Kong District’, ‘Kowloon District’ and ‘New Territories and Islands District’, each group will be given the following awards. Winners and their schools will be invited to attend the Award Presentation Ceremony.
|Parent – Child Group||Junior Primary Group||Senior Primary Group|
|Champion (1)*||Champion (1)*||Champion (1)*|
|First Runner-up (1)||First Runner-up (1)||First Runner-up (1)|
|Second Runner-up (1)||Second Runner-up (1)||Second Runner-up (1)|
|Best Creativity Award (1)||Best Creativity Award (1)||Best Creativity Award (1)|
|Merit Award (3)||Merit Award (3)||Merit Award (3)|
*Gift Sponsor: Vtech
- World-Caring School Certificate — Schools participating in the competition will be awarded a certificate.
- Most Participating School Award — the eight schools with the highest number of entries will be awarded a certificate.
Results will be announced on Plan International website and Facebook in November 2020. Winners and their schools will be invited to attend the Award Presentation Ceremony.
Please see the enclosed Terms & Conditions. For any enquiries, please contact Miss Tsang at 3405 5305 or email [email protected]