We believe all children deserve a chance to dream. The Convention on the Rights of the Child states that children everywhere are entitled with the right to education, health, survival and play so that they can pursue their dreams. Yet, for children in developing countries, such basic rights are unattainable luxuries. Meanwhile, poverty and inequality put dream out of reach for many.
Plan International Hong Kong is calling for students from kindergartens and primary schools to unleash creativity and talent through drawing. To raise awareness of challenges faced by children living in developing world, schools are invited to organise screenings and put up display panels using materials provided.
Hong Kong Kindergarten and Primary School Students
The competition will be divided into three categories relevant to the three regions that the school is located: ‘Hong Kong District’, ‘Kowloon District’ and ‘New Territories and Islands District.
- Parent – Child Group (Kindergarten students and parents)
- Junior Primary (Primary 1 to 3)
- Senior Primary (Primary 4 to 6)
1. The theme of the artwork is ‘Dream’;
2. The work should be 2-Dimensional and drawn on an A4 (210 x 297mm) paper;
3. Participants can use watercolour, crayons, colour pencils and pencils for drawing. 3-Dimensional or computer graphics are not accepted;
4. Participants in Parent – Child Group can draw with their parents.
- Fill in the registration form and paste the artwork label at the back of the work. Submit the work to:
Address: Room 201, Marina House, 68 Hing Man Street, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am – 12:30pm / 1:30pm – 5:30pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
by post or in person on or before 25 September 2019.
- Please state 1st ‘Draw my Dreams’ Drawing Competition and ‘Do not bend’ on the envelope if delivered by
2019 – 9 – 25 (The postmark date on the envelope shall be taken as the date of submission.)
1. Content (40%)
2. Composition and Drawing Skills (30%)
3. Design & Creativity (30%)
Dividing into ‘Hong Kong District’, ‘Kowloon District’ and ‘New Territories and Islands District’, each group will be given the following awards.
|Parent – child Group||Junior Primary Group||Senior Primary Group|
|Champion (1)||Champion (1)||Champion (1)|
|First Runner-up (1)||First Runner-up (1)||First Runner-up (1)|
|Second Runner-up (1)||Second Runner-up (1)||Second Runner-up (1)|
|Best Creativity Award (1)||Best Creativity Award (1)||Best Creativity Award (1)|
|Merit Award (3)||Merit Award (3)||Merit Award (3)|
- World – Caring School Certificate — Schools participating in the competition will be awarded a certificate.
- Most Participating School Award — the eight schools with the highest number of entries will be awarded a certificate.
Results will be announced on Plan International website and Facebook in October 2019.
Please see the enclosed Terms & Conditions. For any enquiries, please contact Miss Tsang at 3405 5305 or email [email protected].