Plan International Hong Kong is taking an innovative approach to its annual Walk for Children by inviting the public to participate in a Facebook Photo-Competition ahead of the actual event. Running on the theme “Pass on the Love to our Children” the competition starts on 9th March on Plan Hong Kong’s official Facebook page. Three rounds of contest will be held, with the first two rounds open to the general public for participation, whereas the final round, scheduled after the “Walk for Children” on 12th April, will be restricted to the photos taken in the Walk.
Based on the belief that every child deserves carefree moments of happiness, the organisation is inviting the public to capture their children’s innocent smiles in photos and share them via Facebook. Winners of the competition will receive prizes and entry tickets of Plan’s “Walk for Children”.
Commenting on the idea behind the competition, Ms Kanie Siu, Chief Executive Officer of Plan International Hong Kong, said, “We continually look to inject fresh ideas that generate support and excitement for the ‘Walk for Children’, now in its fourth year. The photography competition is a new element introduced this year. We would like to encourage people to capture every unforgettable moment of their children’s lives via the camera. While children’s growth can be astonishingly fast, their innocent smiles and intriguing facial expressions are fleeting unless recorded.
“Taking a photograph isn’t just about sharing these unique moments with our family and friends; it is also about saving every precious memory for our children in days to come. Of course, a principal aim of the competition is also to remind our participants of the smiles of children in remote regions, whose lives could be immeasurably improved – or even utterly changed because of the help the public gives through their support of our events and programmes.”
Details and regulations of the “Pass on the Love to Our Children” Photo Competition:
- The first two rounds of competition will be held from 9th to 22nd March, and from 23rd March to 5th April respectively, each consisting of two weeks. One winner from each round will receive prizes including “Walk for Children” entry tickets for two adults and two children, and a $500 cash coupon of the fashion brand SUGARMAN.
- The final round of competition will be held over ten days from 12th to 21st April. The submitted photo must be taken during the event of “Walk for Children”. Two winners from the final round will receive prizes including SWISS Rituel Intensive Brightening Mask sponsored by Sasa Comestics, and a VACA Stainless Steel Vacuum Mug or Vacuum Handy One-touch Bottle.
- Participation procedure:
- “Like” the Plan Hong Kong Facebook page www.facebook.com/planhk
- *Upload the entry to the Plan Hong Kong Facebook page (Privacy setting must be set to “Public”) or send the entry to Plan Hong Kong Facebook page via inbox message
- Add the hashtag #planhk in the photo caption
- All entries will be considered eligible only after they are shared by Plan International Hong Kong in the dedicated photo album Plan Hong Kong Facebook page
- The winner of each round will be the contestant whose entry has obtained the most “likes” in the dedicated photo album of Plan Hong Kong Facebook Fanpage by 11:59pm of the final day of that round. Any “like” on any other pages (such as the participant’s personal page) will not be taken into account.
- Plan International Hong Kong will announce the winner on the Plan Hong Kong Facebook page on the next working day after the end of each round. Winners will be further informed on the details of prize collection. Each participant could win any round of the competition once. If the winner gets the highest “like” in the second or third round, prize will be given to the second place and so on.
- In case of any dispute, Plan International Hong Kong reserves the rights of final decision.
*Note: the participation procedure has been updated on 23rd March.